WHY OUR WORK IS NECESSARY:
- A transplant is not a cure. The average heart transplant lasts only 17 years.
- One in four transplants will fail largely due to organ rejection. Of those who have another transplant, nearly half will not survive.
- Anti-rejection drugs and rejection detection procedures negatively affect their quality of life.
- Enduring Hearts is the only nonprofit solely dedicated to research that helps kids with heart transplants live longer, healthier lives.
- We fund the critical, yet often overlooked research needed to eliminate rejection, prevent life-threatening complications and reduce the risk that a second transplant will be needed.
WHO OUR WORK WILL HELP:
- Babies born with congenital heart defects that cannot be surgically repaired and require a heart transplant.
- Children who experience end-stage heart failure through heart disease, infection, and Cardiomyopathy.
- Not only patients, but their entire families that all live with the stress of knowing that the transplanted heart may eventually fail.
- Many kids who receive other transplanted organs will also experience organ failure due to rejection.
- Adult heart transplant recipients.
Mott Children’s Hospital Assistant
Professor of Pediatrics – University
of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan
Pediatric Cardiologist-Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
Cardiology St. Louis, MO
of Medicine MSTP,
Center, Immunology Research
Fellow Atlanta, GA.
Children’s National Medical
Center Medical Director of
Pediatric Heart Transplantation
Assistant Professor of Pediatrics
– Emory University Atlanta, Georgia
Psychologist, C.S. Mott Children’s
Hospital Assistant Professor of
Pediatrics, Division of Pediatric
Psychology University of Michigan
Transplant Center Ann Arbor, Michigan
and Outcomes Center (HeRO)
Assistant Professor of Biomedical
Engineering and Medicine, Emory
University Children’s Healthcare of
Atlanta Research Scholar Atlanta, GA
Board Scientific Liaison Research
Affiliate, Seattle Children’s Research
Institute Past Associations: Chief,
Division of Pediatric Cardiology,
Department of Pediatrics, University
of Washington School of Medicine,
Seattle WA Chief of Pediatric Cardiology,
University of South Florida/All Children’s
Hospital St. Petersburg, FL Medical
Director, Pediatric Cardiac Transplant
Program, Vanderbilt University,
Canada Research Chair in Cardiac Transplantation
Director, Canadian Donation and Transplantation Research Program
Director, Alberta Transplant Institute
University of Alberta
Medical Director, PACT Program at Stanford Children’s Health
Roma and Marvin Auerback Pediatric Cardiology Scholar
Loma Linda University School of
Medicine Chief Medical Officer
Loma Linda University Children’s
Hospital Loma Linda, CA
University of Colorado,
Denver Children’s Hospital Colorado
All Children’s Specialty Physicians,
Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital,
St. Petersburg, FL
Associate Professor of Pediatrics,
Division of Pediatric Cardiology,
Department of Pediatrics,
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Medical Director Pediatric Heart Transplant/Cardiomyopathy Program at UCLA Mattel Children’s Hospital
Director of the Pediatric Pulmonary Hypertension program
Clinical Professor at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA in Pediatric Cardiology
Vice chair of JEDI for the Department of Pediatrics
Director, Program for Pediatric Cardiomyopathy, Heart Failure and Transplantation
Associate Professor of Pediatrics at CUMC
Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons | NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital
Executive Director of Systems Design and Collaborative Research, Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford
Clinical Associate Professor, Pediatric Endocrinology, Stanford School of Medicine
Adjunct Professor, Management Science and Engineering, Stanford School of Engineering